Friday, May 8, 2009

wanting more......


I am a selfish selfless person! I know you’re thinking that that is a contradiction in terms, but.....
I want a lot in my life and no I do not mean healthy kids and great spiritulality though I do want those things too! I want material things! I want a large house! With beautiful things in it! With large sectionals and newer counter tops and nice appliances and fireplaces! I want a jetted tub and double sinks! I want a separate living room and family room and a craft room and a huge garage! I want land!! I want beautiful yard and garden and enough space to drive a four wheeler around on! I want lots of things!! That is the VERY selfish me!!!!
The other me wants to be close to family! To help out my brother and sisters! To give what we have to help others succeed! That is the selfless me!
Daniel often asks if I will ever be happy with what I have and content! I am constantly wanting things, and wanting for things to change! a dog, another baby, a project, a new house, to paint my house, to sell something to get rid of things, to start a diet, to be thinner to accept me, be more spiritual, to cut my hair to get another dog! I don't stop! For all those worried that I am out of control, don't worry! Dan when I get into my "wants" is there to remind me to be thankful and grateful for what I have! Dan has these moments of wants to! But his is my blog so my thoughts!
I realize that it is not about what we do have but how we take care of what we have! If we don't take care of our 500sq ft than we won't take care of 5000sqft! If our old "junkie" car is dirty and messy and wrecked the newer one will become like that also!
SO that is my goal right now! To not stop wanting things, but while I want be grateful for what I have and take care of those things as if they were what I was wanting!! (I hope that made sense!!)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You sure have a beautiful family! I was so excited that I ran into your blog. I found it on Kristy's blog.

Hudson Family said...

I'm with ya on the selfish/selfless thing. Where's the balace? Oh where's the balance?