Sunday, August 23, 2009

Excited, but, Not!



Tomorrow we find out! The home inspection was on Friday and tomorrow we find out what they want or that they walk! I am excited about all of this and not at the same time. I have done so much praying and thinking and wanting and hoping in the last month! Now that we are this close I am still hopeful that the house will sell but sad if it does and happy if it doesn't! Make sense? No? OK let me explain, We have lived here in Spokane for 5 + years! We have lived in this house 5 years in October. We have loved this house (and hated it ) for all of the work we have put into it! We made this house our home! It was our very first home that was ours! we ripped down walls and built new ones changed plumbing and stairs and doorways! we painted every room at least once and some twice! we have watched things grow and change before our very eyes! we have added two babies in our family and brought them home to this house! we have had so many firsts! dallins first day of school and emma's also! first broken arm, first pet, first lost teeth! it has been amazing here! and tomorrow we find out if it's over! ( daniel is reading this blog post and hoping they back out or wishing he could!)
But the truth is we have outgrown this house! it is a beautiful home but we have been trying to make it bigger for the last three years! And we are (very hesitantly) ready to move on and let someone else make memories here!
It is not a perfect house and we know that and as we look around at the future projects realize we are ready to not have them to do on the weekend. I am also ready to make more memories with family close by! I am already thinking about family dinners and game nights and going out trick or treating with cousins! I am excited for what the next chapter holds and yet at the same time not!

4 comments:

Maurina said...

I hope everything works out for the best for you!

Hudson Family said...

I completely understand. Moving on is hard when you love a place so much and you've grown so much. I hated Waco when we moved there and the whole time we lived there, but I (our family) grew so much there. When we left I was in tears for hours. I couldb't believe I was so sad about a place I hated so much. But it was such a good experience for our family. I know you will have even better expereinces in your new home.

Chastina said...

I understand. Steve and I have debated about moving for the past four years (approximately).

Hope everything works out and I know the Lord is watching out for you.

Mandi said...

I understand too, big time... While growing up I "hated" Finland and wanted to live abroad, but now I've grown to love it and not wanting to leave it.. Don't worry we'll be in Idaho too.