Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Don't mess with Papa Bear or his cubs!!



Dan and I ran to look at a rocking chair off of craigslist tonight. We decided not to get it. Since we had all the kids with us, He said why don't we get a treat at McDonald's and let the kids play at the playland. We were out at Post Falls so we went to that McD's. We unloaded everyone and went in to order and let the kids head into the play land. We quickly placed our order and than headed back to the playland. We were shocked to hear some boys screaming at the top of there lungs and parents not doing anything. We checked on our kids and Dan asked if I just wanted to leave. I said no, because we had just got there. 2 seconds later I here yelling and then Emma crying! I started calling to her and sent Dallin to help her come down! She came down sobbing that a boy had pinned/wrestled her down and had hurt her! Dan was up out of his seat! He was furious!
A little girl said it was her brother who had hurt Emma. The other Dad came over and I called all of our kids to our table. Our food came up so I ran to get it thinking I would just take our kids and our food and leave the playland. But that was not good enough for Dan! Someone had just hurt his baby! Within the first 5 minutes of being there! He asked Emma who hurt her and Emma pointed to this boy while she sat sobbing! Dan saw the Dad of the boy ( 7-8 years old) not react, Dan stood up and said it was not ok for his son to go around hurting kids! The man responded with, "they were just being kids"! Dan said "My kids don't act like that! They don't run around hurting people!" The other Dad said Emma had hurt his son. Dan pointed out she had been defending herself! The other parent's kept saying it wasn't a big deal. Dan walked back over to me and said we we're done ,we're leaving!
I was stunned and did not saying anything except to the kids to hurry and get there shoes and we were going! Dan said because of everything we would head to a park close by! We did, and had a great time! We talked to the kids about what happened. Emma said she was trying to help her friend from the boy when he hurt her. We told her next time she needed to yell STOP! and get an adult to help! Dan and I also talked. He said he just wanted to see the parent reprimand their child. But the Dad and the Mom acted like it was nothing and he wanted them to know it wasn't nothing, it was wrong! I was soooo proud of him! There has never been a doubt in my mind if Dan would protect or Defend us. But I have now seen it in person how he will stand up for his family! I think it was a good thing for his kids to see! Their Dad really could kick another dad's butt!!!

2 comments:

Chastina said...

That is too bad that the parent wouldn't at least talk to their kid. Your kids definitely know they can turn to you in times of trouble or concern.

Unknown said...

Ha! That is funny! Nothing like a daddy brawl in McD's playland!!! What a butt that other set of parents were.

I hate when that happens, but I'll be the first to holler @ someone else's child if they're being inappropriate & no parents stands up.

Kudo's Dan!