Monday, February 9, 2009

Maybe Daddy is dangerous! I'm kidding!!

Dan took Lilly up to put her to bed. He was snuggling her on our bed while feeding her a bottle and also watching TV! Dan told me later that he had been feeding her and she was bored with the bottle so she started to crawl all over on the bed and him! After saying to her ( of course jokingly!!) "Lilly, don't fall off the bed!" he looked back up at the TV and then BOOM! SHe fell off the bed and hit her head on the corner of the nightstand! He came downstairs to the top of the basment stairs and yelled " Sara! Sara! Something bad happened! I hurt Lilly!!!"Of course I ran up the stairs with a million things running through my head ( broken arm, broken leg, she's not breathing, something fell on her, etc.). SHe looked fine other than crying until Dan turned her head to the side! She had a HUGE goose egg and a black line in the middle of it! If she had had the goose egg with ou the line I don't think I would have freaked out but I was thinking she is bleeding on the inside!! We have lots of friends who are doctors or are interns, so it was just a matter of figuring out which one to call! We called a friend who is interning at the ER and Ped's right now! He came over and she was perfectly fine by then! when she finally went to sleep she woke up an hour later to play so we knew she was fine! This is the picture about 4 hours later. The swelling was completly gone! As you can see she's all good! This happened about a week ago so if you look at her now it is a tiny little pink dot on her head!






0 comments: