Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sisters

( Listen to somewhere over the rainbow Thanks!)
It is funny how as little girl's, sisters constantly fight! I watch Emma and Aliya and wonder how they will ever become friends! And yet, at times they are inseperable. It makes me think back to when Rachel and I were little. I remember at moments hating how she got some of my glory, and how annoyed I was that she would tag along with me ever!
And yet I have grown to love her so much! And when I say that it does not fully express home much she really means to me! There is a Sister in my ward who for a lot of reasons ( hair color, personality, dress) reminds me of Rachel! We went to the Temple last night and this sister was there! It took so much self control not to hug her or hold her hand or just want to really talk to her! I know that sounds really stupid! But as I sat next to her ( yes, I had to sit next to her!) I realized how much I really miss Rachel! My little sister! And how more than anything I want her to be happy in life! Truly happy! Whatever that means for her! I love her so much! And so as I said, it is funny to look at my two little girls and realize that some day they wont be little. And some day they won't hate eachother! In fact some day they will realize that not only are they sisters but they are also friends!

2 comments:

Susan D. Young said...

What a lovely thing to say! It warms the cockles of a Moma's heart! Thank you Sis!

Uberly Ewe said...

My sister and I use to fight like cats and dogs when we were younger. I even remember coming home from school on occation and crying to my step dad that I wish she was dead. I know that sounds so harsh, and he would tell me that I really didn't wish that. He always would tell me that someday we will be the best of friends. And I have to say he was right. She is my best friend. I can always depend on her. She knows my good and my bad, since we lived together.
I love this post. Thanks for reminding me how much my sister means to me too.